Featured Services

  • Real Estate Law
  • Probate & Estate Administration
  • Family Law
  • Company Law
  • Personal Injury Law

Real Estate, Company, Probate, Immigration, Personal Injuries, Divorce Law Jamaica

Contact Our Firm

Fullerton Delisser & Co.
Winchester Business Center
15 Hope Road, Suite 60
Kingston 10, Jamaica

Shop 16 AJís Complex
32 Brunswick Street
Spanish Town, St. Catherine

Tel: (876) 749-0814
(876) 749-2117
Fax: (876) 749-6278
Em: mail@fdlawyers.com


Here are a few of the most frequently asked legal questions we have received from past clients. If you have a question that is not addressed here please contact us and we'll answer it for you.

Can You Act As My Financial Advisor?

We can supply you with financial advice and help you with investments, taxes, insurance decisions, and more under the banking and financing areas of practice.

What is Conveyancing?

More widely known as falling under real estate law, conveyancing involves the transfer of property from one party to another. A conveyance must be acknowledged before a notary or court and be recorded on the Deed.

Do I need an attorney to purchase or sell property?

Buying a house or land is probably the largest purchase one will make. As such it is crucial to ensure that you and your money are protected. A lawyer assists with, among other things:

1. Dealing with property condition disclosure and warranties.
2. Dealing with the Real Estate Agent
3. Dealing with tax consequences and other issues.
4. Dealing with the contract of sale.
5. Conducting the closing.

What is Joint Tenancy Ownership vs Tenants in Common Ownership?

Joint tenants have a right of survivorship. This means that if Owner A and Owner B own land as joint tenants and if either A or B dies, then the interest of the deceased joint tenant automatically passes to the surviving joint tenant. A tenant in common does not possess a right of survivorship. When a tenant in common dies then his interest in the land passes under the terms of his will.

Why is making a will important?

Your will is a legal document in which you give specific instructions to be carried out after your death. You can decide how your assets (your money and property) will be distributed, and even give your choice of guardians for your children. It becomes irrevocable when you die.

What is a Grant of Probate?

A Grant of Probate is a document granted through the Supreme Court or the Resident Magistrateís Court certifying that a will is valid and authorizing the executor(s) to administer the estate of the deceased person.


National Land Agency

Companies Office of Jamaica

Registrar Generalís Department

Ministry of Justice Ė Laws of Jamaica

Supreme Court of Jamaica

Jamaican Bar Association

House of Lords judgments

National Housing Trust